Thursday, February 20, 2014

Encouragement - "Not knowing, I can't take it!"

As I sit here, with the entire post written, I am debating pressing the publish button. I want to start by saying I do not know every aspect of the Bible, and I pray that I do not come off as anything but wanting to share what I have learned. Jesus loves you more than you will ever know. It's difficult for me to fathom the amount of love He has for me, but it's true.

Matthew 11: 28-30 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

These are three verses that have always spoken to me. In my life, there seems to be a never ending season of the unknown. For a personality like mine, that likes to plan for the unknown, it is very unsettling to not know. Planning for the unknown is, honestly, a rather odd longing but I try to do it. Basically, I would like to know what is going to happen, but would I really enjoy that?

If I knew every major life event that was going to happen to me, what is the point of faith? The more I feel as though I don't know the "important" decisions in my life (specific career path, spouse, where I should live, etc.) the more I focus on controlling what I "can" control. I become frustrated when long standing traditions change, and small unknowns become large issues in my mind. Yes, decisions such as the ones in parenthesis above are legitimate questions that I would love to know the answers to. However, the most important aspects in my life are Jesus and how I am portraying Him to those around me, and neither of those are dependent on the parenthesis questions.

In farming, a yoke is placed around two animals that have to walk in the same direction for the yoke to make any sense and to fulfill its purpose. If there are two oxen in a yoke and they are attempting to go in opposite directions the farm will look like a hot mess. In a stressful week, remember which direction the yoke needs to go in. Be encouraged that no matter if you are feeling like a blindfolded ox, if you are yoked to Jesus and going in the same direction He always knows where you need to be. Even if you're pushing against the direction He still knows. It's just a much smoother walk if you're walking in the same direction.

Deuteronomy 31: 8 "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, you truly make my day :)