Monday, February 3, 2014

January 10 in 30 Finale!

1. Make a "grown up" budget. Boo Hiss, but I know that later on when I know where all my money is going, I will look back and thank myself for setting this goal.
Check! I made my budget on excel with expenses and revenue and I even made budget for this month! I really hate seeing at the beginning of the month the total in parentheses because that is how much I'm in the hole for. It's not a perfect system but it's a good start I think. Come on February!
2. Formulate a workout plan that I can actually follow. None of this, work 30 minutes on cardio, arms, legs, jumping jacks. I don't know about you but that has never worked for me. I need a plan that's simple and preferably one I can do while watching t.v. or multitasking! 
Let's just say I got the flue. I only hard core worked out one day this month and by happens chance it was the day before I got the flue. Super sucky timing but I did learn not to push myself when I'm feeling iffy that day. I also learned how amazing health food stores are for medication; they're expensive but totally worth it. I was sick for 3 days but on day 3 I went to the health food store and the next day I started to feel better from the medication!
Blood Orange Margarita . . . Pitchers! // HonestlyYUM
Such a pretty cocktail via Pinterest. I haven't tried it yet but I want to!
3. Learn 5 new cocktails by heart. In my profession it's important to understand how to make drinks and what can be paired with what. I even made my first step towards this goal already and bought this beauty, on sale!, from target yesterday.
Check! I'm still learning but I know Margarita, Martini, Bloody Mary, Manhattan, and Old Fashioned. To be fair though while writing this I decided to quiz myself on the cocktails and I knew some other ones just not well enough to know all of the ingredience by heart. Still learning, but I'm excited to test new drink out!
4. Cook, Bake, Explore, Mix. Basically I want to have more fun cooking in the kitchen and try out new recipes.
Check! I made up a few new recipes this month simply by trying to put different things together and hoping that they didn't taste bad lol. I went to the farmers market and bought kale and it is so much fun to cook with. A bunch of my meals this month added kale, I also learned that if you put it in a fruit smoothie you really can't taste the kale and you're getting some more greens in your diet, win!
Baked White Cheddar Mac and Cheese with Kale and Bacon - so incredibly delicious! http://www.ivillage.com/kale-recipes-thanksgiving/3-a-551669
I also tried ^ this recipe from Pinterest. So good!
5. Do my best to get full time. Right now I'm only part time. I debated putting this goal up, but it's a real goal I have for this month and something that would change things. I now just need to keep updated with my work full time list and when a spot opens, apply immediately!
I'm excited but nervous! Hopefully this one is in the works!

6. Watch more documentaries. I've been feeling this influx of wanting to learn, I feel largely due to the fact that no one has been telling me to study books for tests. Crazy to not have to do that. That has now changed to wanting to watch TED talks, which are super interesting!
Check! I did end up watching many more documentaries in January. I find them so interesting. It's nice to see how things work or to listen to scholars discuss a field in which they are very passionate about. Because I've always been interested in psychology, probably my favorite TED talks were on that subject. 
7. Begin reading my Iron Man comics. Confession time, It's about to get real...I've never read any Iron Man comics before. Right! Isn't that sad. It's difficult when you haven't been reading them since you were five to find out where to start. Honestly, I'm still not super sure where I should be starting, but I'm going to start with the one gifted to me for Christmas and go from there! Any suggestions?
Epic fail. I opened my beloved Iron Man comic book only once. In February I will be better!
Old books store in Lyon, France (books man by bellisario :: photography, via Flickr)
An old book store in France, Uh I want to go! via Pinterest
8. Read! One of my goals has always been to own a library of books that I've actually read. There's such a sense of accomplishment when you walk through a book store or a library and you can mentally point out which books you've read. I'll confess, I'm a crazy book buyer. I feel that they're so beautiful and deserve to be preserved. Therefore I have a bunch of books, and I've only read about 20% of them. That needs to change.
I have been doing my best. I'm still reading the book I discussed in my first vlog! I'm also reading Poe and two different Christian quiet time books. So not too bad but I haven't finished any of them totally. Keep going!
9. Burn my candles. Because candles are so pretty, I have a bad habit of leaving them sitting there collecting dust. While that may be true, it's also true that they smell good and more of them can be bought. Also unrelated note, habit is spelled habit not habbit. Every time I write habit I add two B's as though I'm spelling hobbit. I can't be the only one who does this right?
Check! I love the smell of my candles! My two favorites are the peppermint bark candle and the butter cream candle. They smell so good, and always inspire me to bake something!

10. Enjoy my first semester without school. Although, we are the fiesta bowl 2014 camps!! My entire life up until now has been with school in the future. While that may still be true, at the moment, that is not in my immediate plans. This semester I'm so excited to explore new aspects of the world and move into a new phase of my life. I can't believe that's what is really about to happen, but it's true. This semester I want to enjoy and have fun, buy coffee, grow in my relationship with Jesus, cook delicious food, spend time with loved ones, and laugh a whole bunch! 
2014, I'm excited for you!
It's crazy that it's already been over a month! There have been good and bad days. It's such a transition period of my life right now which is exciting and makes me nervous, but if others can do it so can I!
2014, I'm still excited for you. Here's to round two, February!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, you truly make my day :)