Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Becoming an Adult


Since I'm on the track of confusing times of growing up, here's another shocker. According to society I am an adult now! I graduated college and I work a 40+ hour work week. I pay my bills and buy groceries, when I can find time. However, I use adult as a very lose term; seeing as I ate ice cream for breakfast this morning and was overly excited when I bought a mood ring last week. 
As a young child I saw adults as the mythological beings who had life figured out and knew what was going on. This is not true. 
The first definition of adult, according to Webster online, is "fully grown and developed." The first part I understand, fully grown. Biologically I am about as tall as I will every be, in fact I've been this height since around 9th grade. My organs and teeth are my "adult" sized forms of themselves and my face, for all its good deeds, will probably get me carded for the foreseeable future. 
It's the "fully developed" part I struggle with. Maybe I'm dissecting too much but if, at least mentally, I was ever fully developed how boring would that be? This is the randomness that is me and I want to keep learning more, it's in my personality. I want to learn more about myself, people and God. You remember how much you love to learn when it's no longer a requirement. 
Proverbs 9:9 - "Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser; teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning"
Jeremiah 29: 13-14 - "'And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart, I will be found by you,' says the Lord..." 
What do adults do on Tuesday? Obviously go to a friends house, wear their high socks and their Iron Man shirt and learn how to solder. Someone turned the corner and said smile....my reaction.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, you truly make my day :)