Saturday, March 7, 2015

My Journaling Process!


There are times when all I want to do is sit and communicate with God. Now, this should be an every day occurrence, but to sit and focus is hard for me to do. Calming my mind turns into worry. Satan tries to use that to distract me from what and who I should be focused on. 

One way I have found that really is helping is to not second guess myself when I'm journaling. I love journaling but tend to think I'm going to waste a page or ruin a book. How ridiculous! That's the entire point of journaling, to get your thoughts on paper. 

I recently purchased a journaling bible and I love it!! Sometimes the ink bleeds to the previous page or I think how much better I could have made someone, but I'm journaling! 

I also recently purchased a calligraphy pen and coloring pencils. It's amazing! I love the look of it. It's a cheapy pen, but it does the job I want.

I take time specifically to go out of my comfort zone and create! I also use my book journal for the times I want to write more than a sentence or two. Creativity has no rules, I mean God created an ostrich, come on.

The best part is, it's another way that I can get out of my own way and let the words soak into my heart and life. 

Journaling, you should try it! If I can, you can too!
                                                       

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, you truly make my day :)