Monday, May 11, 2015

Eating my way through London

Eating is something we have to do to survive, but how many times do you really sit down and enjoy your food? How many times do you pick out the different flavors or compare what different breads taste like? I've been watching a documentary and in it one chef said that we need to start thinking about not only what we eat but what we eat eats. We are not only what we eat but we are what we eat eats. It was mind blowing to me. Here's a little bit about what I ate in London. What's your favorite place to eat where you live?
My first meal was a burger and a red stripe beer. I was starving and hadn't eaten since 12 the previous day. Needless to say, it was delicious.
We decided to walk home and got lost. Walking all over Shoreditch and being Jet Lagged equals a very passionate Italian, and hot chocolate.
The next day we had tea! It was delightful and a wonderful opportunity to people watch. 
That evening we decided to venture into The Ritz for drinks and were delighted with some desserts. The colors of the drinks were so beautiful, and the garnish of small flowers was the perfect pop of color. 
This tiny cup of coffee is the best I've ever had. When I ordered at Borough Market I was expecting a normal sized coffee and was saddened when I received the smaller younger brother of coffee. When it tried it all my sadness left and was replaced by delicious true to the bean coffee flavor. I would order that again any day.
Some fish and chips were had, with breakfast tea, on a rooftop terrace.
 
I drank many cups of coffee this trip.
I also had a delicious piece of cake and a white chocolate to die for at Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium. Look at that cute cat paw! 
Finished my last day with some tacos....
and one more cup of coffee before returning to Florida. 
There were many beers had and fun times. Next post will be about the places in London, but the food has been on my mind a lot today! Wishing for my next cup of coffee!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, you truly make my day :)