Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Why I Would Rather Spend $1,000 Than $20

I would rather spend $1,000 on a plane ticket than spend $20 on a shirt. For me, travel is a passion. It's something that I think about every day and plan on doing for the rest of my life. While yes, $20 is a lot more feasible in the short term, in the long run, I would rather save up for months and spend a week in another country. That week will be filled with more pictures and, yes, souvenirs than that shirt that I probably will have hanging in my closet sitting and waiting for the perfect time to wear it. 
Here's what I'm not saying, "Never buy small items." "You shouldn't buy that candle that smells so good." "Who really wants pizza anyhow?" Because we all know how much I love me a good smelling candle and a delicious pizza and movie night. Here's what I am saying. When you look back later in life, experiences are worth more. If this week you can maybe watch a movie and make a pizza at home, you can set aside that extra $30 towards going to Berlin next year. 
At first when I started taking my travels plans seriously it seemed ridiculous to think that, where I am in life, I could save enough money to travel overseas or travel across the country. But I'm telling you, it's totally possible!! I plan early and keep what I want in mind. I love checking what I could see when I'm in a country. Seeing what festivals will be there when I will be. Seeing the castles I could walk through. Seeing those possibilities helps me save by allowing me to realize what I could be giving up if I don't save my money. Never be afraid of your money, it's a tool, and it's your tool to use as you see fit. 
For me it's the moments, and stories that matter the most. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, you truly make my day :)