Monday, February 1, 2016

January 10 in 30 Finale

It's February of 2016. I'll stop being so astonished very soon, I promise! Let's see how the first month went...
1// Stretch. I'm bringing this one over from last month. There are so many studies that show how beneficial stretching is to your health, and I want to be healthy.
✔️ I've done pretty well this month being consistent with my stretching. Have I done it every day, no, but I have been exponentially better than months past.  
2// Learn how to use my wall calendar more effectively than I do now. It's both functional and a piece of art, now I need to learn how to utilize the functionality better.
✔️ I bought a new Rifle Paper Co. calendar for my personal use and one for my bills. I'm not a big fan of auto pay, but I also don't want to feel like I have to keep in my brain when every bill is due.
3// Start planning my travels. There are so many possibilities that come with a new year. I will not start singing Rent, but I do know how many minutes are in a year from that song. I want as large of a portion as I can budget of those minutes to be spent traveling. 
✔️ I'm getting there. I've narrowed it down to two possible months I can go. I'm going to need to find a weekend to go somewhere though, I'm not going to make it half way through the year without travel!
4// Focus on the larger picture as well as the day to day. It's easy to become consumed by the day to day monotony of life, this year I want to make sure I'm enjoying each day and also focus on the months and years from now.
✔️ I'm actually going to give this one a check. This month I've read more, gotten out of my house more, and found a place that I can sit and focus. All of those combined equal a check in my book! Now I just have to keep the momentum going. 
5// Find and read a travel book. Maybe it will be how to travel smarter, maybe it will just be inspiring, either way I would like to learn more about my travel possibilities. 
...And my streak is over. I was doing so well with all my goals. What's your favorite travel book that I should read?
6// Be smarter with my money. If I want to travel and do all these things in 2016 I have to make sure I'm spending my money wisely. 
✔️ I was much more money conscious this month. I did spend some money a few days ago to go to an outside concert. All things in moderation!
7// Rearrange my home. When I was little and I wanted something "new" I would change how my room looked, or create something. It's a simple way that I can keep my mind fresh and help save money. 
I really need to figure out what to do with the area where the Christmas tree was, it looks sad right now.
8// Flowers! If I stop eating out so much and purchase food from the grocery store, I will be saving money. Maybe some of that money can go towards fresh flowers to keep in the house!
✔️I always want to have flowers in my home. Sometimes it happens, sometimes I forget and get groceries and leave. Must remember flowers more!
9// Decorate my main wall for Spring. I may be a little early but at sometime this month I'm going to need to take down my Christmas decorations, no matter how much it hurts me. This is probably going to be a goal that is fulfilled on the last day of the month!
I couldn't give up Christmas this month. I did take down my Christmas tree and most of my decorations, but I didn't change the wall behind my couch yet. I love it too much. See how I made it here! 
10// Trust & Explore! I'm excited to see what 2016 has to bring! 
✔️ Yes! I'm doing my best to trust in myself and travel! I love Disney and was set on going this month, and I did! I need to think of more places to explore in February.

This was a pretty successful month. While not all goals can be completed every month, it's important to set goals, or how else are you suppose to achieve them! What travel books are your favorite that I can read in February? 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, you truly make my day :)